Saturday, June 7

the fog returned and i exhaled.



The fog returned to the hill, i had been whispering for it. I am breathing now, no longer holding my breath. She is safe, my heart. I have again been captivated by the hill, as i watch tiny feet and hands walk and feel this beautiful landscape, leaning in she to takes in the smell of the lilacs- later that evening the wind plays with the branches of the lilac tree and i could swear my heart has tasted it's sweet scent.

My hands have been in the garden, hers too. goodness how magical this evening was,  the fog and sunset competing, no wait dancing, they were both quietly moving together. i did not leave the scene but stared at it, walked through it, dreamt in it,  and then finally fifteen months of holding it in, i exhaled…….there i am, still here, still but stirring.


14 comments:

Juliana said...

Beautiful words, Nadia. I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nadia, I am so happy for you. So happy for all of you. It's a wonder how our hearts can be filled with so much happiness and love. I'm sure the hill is singing with joy that she is there.
She's a lucky little girl.

Sarah xo

annton said...

I know, sometimes when dreams come true, it can be even more exhausting than the build up. I am so happy for you and for Poet. Though we don't know each other, your path of coming together, deeply touched me. Sending love and admiration for the fog. Annton

Laura C. said...

Time to breathe, stir and enjoy the beautiful summer, as life unfolds with your wonderful daughter!

KAM said...

and the beautiful story continues to unfold in perfection.

misterbillsrambles said...

You have just painted a wonderful image of the hills and wonderment, of my school days...Vermont.

Sweet Life Farm said...

Lovely, lovely words a match for the haunting beauty of the lilacs against that sky. Do let go, so you may breathe in the sweetness which surrounds you; lovely still.

Iren said...

beautiful!

Unknown said...

the image of the fog and sunset dancing is simply lovely. what a gift to be surrounded by such beauty and a what a gift you have in writing it!

Unknown said...

I can feel your relief in your words. Now you can just enjoy each and every day as it comes. Happy week for you. Sharon

Barb Vanderspek said...

So very beautifully spoken ....so absolutely happy for you.

Anna said...

So beautifully written by you Nadia. I am happy your heart is safe with you, having someone like you to love her!

Denise said...

Fog, beautiful fog...

PK Studios said...

I haven't been blogging in the last year and just came back to my favorites and am so happy to see you have found so much joy. I'm feeling happy weepy for you!! : )